About: History & Archives
Rita R. Colwell
President, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, 1991-1998. Director of the National Science Foundation, 1998 to present.
AAAS Presidential Address: Rita R. Colwell, "Global Climate and Infectious Disease: The Cholera Paradigm," Science (20 December 1996) 274:2025-2031.
AAAS offices held:
- Chair, Council Affairs, 1994 - 1995
- Chair, Annual Meeting Scientific Program Committee, 1995 - 1996
- President, 1996
- Chair, Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, 1997 - 1998
AAAS awards and honors:
- William D. Carey Lecture, 2000.
- Archives of the American Society for Microbiology