About: History & Archives
Paul Bigelow Sears
1891 - 1990
Professor of Botany, Oberlin College, 1938-1950, and Chair of the Conservation Program, Yale University.
AAAS Presidential Address: Paul B. Sears, "The Inexorable Problem of Space," Science (3 January 1958) 127:9-16.
Discipline: Plant ecology
AAAS offices held:
- Chair, Council Committee on the Evaluation of Scientific Merit, 1950 - 1951
- Chair, Committee on Publications, 1954 - 1955
- President, 1956
- Chair, Executive Committee, 1957
- Chair, Council Study on Research in Small Colleges, 1962
- Chair, Commission on Science Education, 1964 - 1965
- Yale University Library, Manuscripts and Archives